Miami-Dade’s Strive 305 initiative and BizHack Academy launches its 6th season of free masterclasses focused on purpose-driven digital marketing for small businesses
Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava celebrated the collaborative initiative that has helped 1,700 Miami-Dade County businesses during her 2022 State of the County Address.
MIAMI ( September 08, 2022 ) — The Strive 305 #BizHackLive Digital Marketing Masterclass Series kicks off Season 6 – this September 2022 – tackling its most timely topic yet, web3 and the metaverse. “Ways to Prepare Your Business for Web3 and the Metaverse” is a series of four free masterclasses presented by BizHack Academy in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark. The interactive live webinars hosted by BizHack’s Dan Grech, a former correspondent for NPR and PBS, will convene clear-eyed experts and cutting-edge information to discuss the marketing, legal, financial, and recruiting implications of this next great digital transformation. “Miami-Dade is a small business economy, and we are prioritizing the well-being of our local small businesses to ensure that our local economy thrives and raises our residents’ standard of living,” said Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. “BizHack has been an instrumental partner in our Striv305 initiative, helping small business owners learn best practices, acquire tools, and share notes across our county. I sincerely hope our community’s entrepreneurs take advantage of these valuable masterclasses and grow their businesses.” Web3 is a decentralized Internet built on blockchain that promises to shift power from corporations to creators. The metaverse refers to immersive virtual worlds that will transform how people interact with each other and brands. The goal of these free masterclasses is to get business owners ready for the transformation already underway. “The goal of these Masterclasses is to give business owners concrete, actionable guidance to the question, ‘How can I get my business ready for what’s to come?’” said Masterclass host Dan Grech of BizHack. “We’re going to cut through the hype and the noise to give business owners an initial roadmap for how to plan for Web3 and the Metaverse.” This free training initiative between the Office of the Miami-Dade Mayor and Miami-based BizHack Academy is part of the mayor’s Strive 305 initiative and has attracted over 1,700 businesses to register for these informative sessions. It was also mentioned in the mayor’s State of the County address for its impact on businesses. “The metaverse does not exist – yet. But parts of what will be the metaverse are here now, and early adopters are preparing for the metaverse to come” says Starmark Chief Digital Officer, Brett Circe. “We plan to show real world examples from companies using foundational metaverse technologies like VR in B2B sales, internal company training, and meetings, in industries including healthcare, travel, and higher education. We hope to have something for everyone.” Session one, “How Brands Are Rewriting the Rules of Marketing in the Metaverse,” will be on September 7th at 12:30 p.m. ET. The following week will be session two, called “The Financial and Legal Implications of Web3 for Business,” at 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 14, 2022. The third session, “Real-world Case Study: How to Retain Talent Using Web3”, will take place at 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. Lastly, on September 28, 2022, at 12:30 p.m. ET, there will be “Case Studies of How to Do Business using Web3 and the Metaverse.” The interactive, live webinars will convene clear-eyed experts and cutting-edge information to give business owners concrete, actionable guidance to the question, “How can I get my business ready for what’s to come?” Registration for the masterclass series is free and open to the community at https://try.bizhack.com/MCSeries5. The Strive 305 #BizHackLive Series has included 16 masterclasses since September 2021, with 1865 live attendees. The five previous sessions ranged from topics on conducting a digital marketing audit to being a mindful marketer. Since the launch of #BizHackLive during the COVID-19 pandemic, it has won awards from the American Marketing Association and Ragan’s PR Daily. The large attendance is thanks to extensive promotion from more than a dozen partner and media organizations, including WPBT South Florida PBS and The Health Channel, the Miami-Dade Beacon Council, the Community Fund of Northeast Dade, Axis Helps, and others. The full list of community partners is below. Just one registration is required to attend the 60-minute interactive sessions, where live participants will have access to useful handouts and key resources after each webinar. Reserve a free spot at https://try.bizhack.com/MCSeries6. Strive 305 is an initiative of the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office of Equity and Inclusion that provides resources, technical assistance, and collaborative spaces where small business owners can learn and support one another. These masterclasses are part of a growing ecosystem of support to help small businesses, the backbone of the county’s economy. Starmark is a full-service, project-based marketing services company powered by Agile Methodology. Our expertise shines is in running large, complex marketing efforts more smoothly, such as branding and positioning, integrated marketing campaigns, bespoke digital efforts, and developing new marketing technologies. BizHack is a certified minority-owned Florida business with a mission to transform 10,000 under-served small businesses through purpose-driven digital marketing consulting and training. #BizHackLive is its award-winning live webinar series started during the COVID-19 pandemic to give small business owners the digital tools they need to thrive in a rapidly changing economy. The series was recognized by awards from Ragan’s PR Daily and the American Marketing Association. You can find over 100 free training sessions on advanced digital marketing for small businesses on BizHack’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/bizhackacademy BizHack Founder and CEO and Masterclass instructor Dan Grech is a Pulitzer Prize-winning former NPR and PBS journalist turned entrepreneur and educator, and he carries forward a family legacy of teaching and coaching. Past career highlights include as the head of marketing at two software startups and the nation’s largest Hispanic-owned energy company; correspondent for NPR’s Marketplace, PBS’s Nightly Business Report, and The Miami Herald; an instructor at Princeton, Columbia and University of Miami. Dan is a graduate of Princeton University, has two Masters degrees, and was a Fulbright scholar. He lives in Miami with his wife Gretchen Beesing and two children. The Masterclass series Media Sponsor is South Florida PBS (WPBT2) and The Health Channel. Its Community Partners include: Florida State Minority Supplier Development Council, The Miami-Dade Beacon Council, The Miami Foundation, Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce, Babson College Miami, Mana Tech, The Community Fund of North Miami Dade, Axis Helps South Florida, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce, Aventura Marketing Council, Cutler Bay Business Association, Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce, Creation Station, South Florida Interactive Marketing Association, American Marketing Association South Florida, The International Career and Business Alliance (ICABA), Miami Bayside Foundation and The Idea Center at Miami Dade College. To become a sponsor or promotional partner, email email@example.com or call 786-664-7324.
ABOUT SEASON 6 OF THE DIGITAL MARKETING MASTERCLASS SERIESSeries Title: Ways to Prepare Your Business for Web3 and the Metaverse First there was the Internet, then there was social media, now the next great digital transformation is underway: Web3 and the Metaverse. Web3 is a decentralized Internet built on blockchain that promises to shift power from corporations to creators. The Metaverse refers to immersive virtual worlds that will transform how people interact with each other and brands. Is your business ready for the transformation that’s underway? This September, BizHack in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark, will explore the business implications of Web3 and the Metaverse in a series of four free Masterclasses. “Ways to Prepare Your Business for Web3 and the Metaverse” will be hosted by Dan Grech of BizHack, a former correspondent for NPR and PBS. In 1992, Neil Stephenson coined the phrase “Metaverse” in his sci-fi thriller, Snow Crash. The world he described three decades ago has started to arrive in the business world. The interactive live webinars will convene clear-eyed experts and cutting-edge information to give business owners concrete, actionable guidance to the question, How can I get my business ready for what’s to come?
- Masterclass 1: “How Brands Are Rewriting the Rules of Marketing in the Metaverse”
- Description: In Web1, your digital footprint was your website. In Web2, it was your social media presence. So what will your company look and feel and sound like in the Metaverse? How will brand aesthetics and messaging translate in a virtual world? This September, BizHack in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark, is giving business owners a primer on Web3 and the Metaverse in a series of four Masterclasses. During this live kickoff session on marketing and branding, host Dan Grech of BizHack, a former NPR and PBS correspondent, will explore:
- How will brands be represented in the metaverse?
- What will the Main Street of the metaverse be like?
- How can business owners get started marketing in the metaverse now?
- How will the metaverse change the rules of marketing? What will stay the same?
- Masterclass 2: “The Financial and Legal Implications of Web3 for Business”
- Description: Businesses need shared legal and financial frameworks to thrive, to reduce risk and clarify opportunities. That financial and legal framework is in its infancy for blockchain, the technology that drives Web3. Business owners looking to build value need to understand what’s happening today and where things are headed. This September, BizHack in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark, is giving business owners a primer on Web3 and the Metaverse in a series of four Masterclasses. During this second live session on the financial and legal implications of Web3, host Dan Grech of BizHack, a former NPR and PBS correspondent, will explore:
- What will the rewritten rules of ownership look like in Web3?
- How will companies make money in a decentralized Internet?
- What new opportunities will emerge for individual creators?
- What is the blockchain and why does it matter?
- Masterclass 3: “How to Engage Employees and Recruit Talent using the Metaverse”
- Description: This session will open with a real-world case study about how one business has incorporated the Metaverse into their day-day operations. During the first year of the COVID 19 pandemic, while we were all in quarantine, the marketing technology leader Starmark did something novel that will soon become the norm: It held virtual all-staff meetings in virtual reality “metaworlds”. Employees wore headsets and interacted as if they were at a company barbecue. “Holding meetings in the Metaverse has made everyone in our company fluent in virtual reality so we can better serve our clients,” said Brett Circe, Chief Digital Officer of Starmark, who will be joining the session to talk about where virtual reality shines and where it falls short in employee communications. At a time when recruiting and retaining talent has never been harder, companies have started using emerging technologies to break through the isolation of working at home. This September, BizHack in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark, is giving business owners a primer on Web3 and the Metaverse in a series of four Masterclasses. During this third live session on employee communications, we will explore:
- Real-life examples where virtual reality shines and where it falls short in employee communications in industries such as travel, education, and healthcare
- Examples of how recruiting has edged into the metaverse
- Where traditional channels may still be better as we wait for Web3 technology to mature
- Masterclass 4: “Case Studies of How To Do Business using Web3 and the Metaverse”
- Description: This grand final session will feature a series of guests talking about real-life case studies of how Web3 and the Metaverse are being used by pioneering brands. These early adopters are experimenting, and their failures and learnings will point the way to how all businesses will one day use these new technologies. This September, BizHack, in partnership with the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office and marketing technology leader Starmark, is giving business owners a primer on Web3 and the Metaverse in a series of four Masterclasses. During this grand finale live session, we’ll look at practical applications of what companies are doing today from a variety of industries to provide a sneak peek into the future. We’ll explore what cutting-edge early adopters are learning on the frontier of what’s possible and get a glimpse of where we’re all headed.
ABOUT MIAMI-DADE MAYOR’S OFFICE STRIVE 305 INITIATIVEThe Strive 305 program is designed to accelerate the growth of small businesses countywide and support budding entrepreneurs as they launch and grow new businesses. The program will support the small business community through:
- An online small business and entrepreneurship hub that will inform, educate, and connect small businesses to the resources offered by the county and its partners
- A virtual small business incubator that will feature a full educational curriculum, coaching, and mentorship opportunities for companies of all types and states of growth
- A countywide network of physical incubators, co-working spaces and maker studios equipped with the tools entrepreneurs need to launch new ventures
- Multi-week technical assistance bootcamps to help small businesses overcome common challenges such as access to capital, finances, business planning, branding, digital marketing, sales, operations and more