Miami-Dade’s Strive 305 Initiative and BizHack Academy Launches its 5th Season of Free Masterclasses Focused on Purpose-Driven Digital Marketing for Small Businesses
Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava celebrated the collaborative initiative that has helped 1,400 Miami-Dade County businesses during her 2022 State of the County AddressMIAMI ( June 02, 2022 ) — The Strive 305 #BizHackLive Digital Marketing Masterclass Series kicks off Season 5 in June 2022 with three live webinars on purpose-driven digital marketing led by Dan Grech, CEO and Founder of BizHack Academy. This free training initiative between the Office of the Miami-Dade Mayor and Miami-based BizHack Academy is part of the Strive 305 initiative and has featured 14 sessions in advanced marketing topics over the past six months that have attracted more than 1,400 live attendees, with nearly two-thirds reporting being impacted by COVID-19. “Miami-Dade is one of the fastest recovering economies in the country after the pandemic and we want this economic boom to be accessible to all, especially our homegrown entrepreneurs and innovators,” said Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava. “That’s why BizHack’s initiative in our community is so critical and has been so successful. Building up and supporting our local small businesses is imperative for our county’s continued economic expansion.” Season 5 features BizHack’s own Dan Grech, a former NPR and PBS journalist turned educator and entrepreneur, presenting three dynamic, interactive one-hour live webinars on the Lead Building System™, a proven methodology for purpose-driven digital marketing developed over 7 years working with 700 businesses. “Marketing presents a huge challenge to small business owners who are looking to grow, and these webinars aim to close that knowledge gap,” said Dan Grech, Founder and CEO of BizHack. “BizHack trains businesses to articulate their Core Purpose through storytelling, which is a proven way to attract your ideal customer and differentiate yourself from the competition.” The first session on “Business Storytelling” will be at 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 15, 2022. The next session one week later is called “Identify Your Marketing Strengths and Weaknesses” at 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. The third session, “Who’s in Your Marketing Seat?”, will be at 12:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 29, 2022. The sessions will give business owners actionable insights on how to communicate their core purpose more effectively, identify their marketing strengths and weaknesses, and ensure they have the right people leading their marketing efforts. Registration for the Masterclass series is free and open to the community here: https://try.bizhack.com/MCSeries5. The Strive 305 #BizHackLive Series has included 14 Masterclasses since September 2021 that have had 1397 live attendees, 62% of which reported being negatively impacted by COVID-19. The large attendance is thanks to extensive promotion from more than a dozen partner and media organizations, including WPBT South Florida PBS and The Health Channel, the Miami-Dade Beacon Council, the Community Fund of Northeast Dade, Axis Helps, and many others. The full list of community partners is listed below. Only a single registration is required to attend the 60-minute interactive sessions where live participants will have access to useful handouts and key resources after each webinar. Reserve a free spot here: https://try.bizhack.com/MCSeries5. Strive 305 is an initiative of the Miami-Dade Mayor’s Office of Equity and Inclusion that provides resources, technical assistance, and collaborative spaces where small business owners can learn and support one another. These Masterclasses are part of a growing ecosystem of support to help small businesses, which are the backbone of the county economy. BizHack is a certified minority-owned Florida business with a mission to transform 10,000 under-served small businesses through purpose-driven digital marketing consulting and training. #BizHackLive is its award-winning live webinar series started during the COVID-19 pandemic to give small business owners the digital tools they need to thrive in a rapidly changing economy. The series was recognized by awards from Ragan’s PR Daily and the American Marketing Association. You can find BizHack’s nearly 100 free training sessions on advanced digital marketing for small businesses at its YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/bizhackacademy. BizHack Founder and CEO and Masterclass instructor Dan Grech is a Pulitzer Prize-winning former NPR and PBS journalist turned entrepreneur and educator, and he carries forward a family legacy of teaching and coaching. Past career highlights include as the head of marketing at two software startups and the nation’s largest Hispanic-owned energy company; correspondent for NPR’s Marketplace, PBS’s Nightly Business Report, and The Miami Herald; an instructor at Princeton, Columbia and University of Miami. Dan is a graduate of Princeton University, has two master’s degrees, and was a Fulbright scholar. He lives in Miami with his wife Gretchen Beesing and two children. The Masterclass series Media Sponsor is South Florida PBS (WPBT2) and The Health Channel. Its Community Partners include: Florida State Minority Supplier Development Council, The Miami-Dade Beacon Council, The Miami Foundation, Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce, Babson College Miami, Mana Tech, The Community Fund of North Miami Dade, Axis Helps South Florida, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce, Aventura Marketing Council, Cutler Bay Business Association, Key Biscayne Chamber of Commerce, Creation Station, South Florida Interactive Marketing Association, American Marketing Association South Florida, The International Career and Business Alliance (ICABA), Miami Bayside Foundation and The Idea Center at Miami Dade College. To become a sponsor or promotional partner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 786-664-7324.
ABOUT SEASON 5 OF THE DIGITAL MARKETING Masterclass SERIESMasterclass 1: “Business Storytelling”
- Date & Time: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, from 12:30-1:30 pm ET
- Description: Learning your Business Story is essential… and not enough. Join the Pulitzer Prize-winning former NPR journalist Dan Grech of BizHack Academy to discover your personal motivation for running your business and its core purpose in the world. In this 60-minute interactive session, you’ll workshop your Business Story and learn how it supports The Lead Building System™, BizHack’s proven methodology for small business marketing that has helped hundreds of businesses like yours. Whether you’re B2B or B2C, selling products or a service, your Business Story is the foundation of your digital marketing. This session will give you a step-by-step playbook for marketing strangers online. Join us to bring to light your origin story and understand how to communicate it effectively to the world.
- How to tell your Business Story
- Learn how your story supports the Lead Building System™
- A step-by-step playbook for marketing strangers online
- Date & Time: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, from 12:30-1:30 pm ET
- Description: This one-hour interactive workshop will reveal your company’s marketing strengths and weaknesses and provide an immediate roadmap for improvement. Dan Grech, the founder of BizHack Academy, will walk you step by step through the Lead Building System™, BizHack’s proven process to sell to strangers online. He’ll provide real-life examples of how to put each element into practice. Then you’ll take a short assessment to get your own LBS Score™. The Lead Building System™ is a proven process for digital marketing specifically designed for small businesses limited in time, money and expertise. It was developed over 7 years working with 700 businesses, and it works! The average participant in BizHack’s training program in the Lead Building System™ is able to generate $29 in sales for every $1 spent on advertising using this methodology. The Lead Building System™ has 7 elements: The Foundation and the 6 Pillars. The Foundation is your Business Story, and it’s the key to differentiating yourself in a crowded marketplace. The Six Pillars are the essential elements that must be in place for any overall marketing strategy or any individual campaign to work.
- Your company’s marketing strengths and weaknesses
- The Lead Building System™, BizHack’s proven process to sell to strangers online
- Real-life examples of how to put each element into practice
- Date & Time: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, from 12:30-1:30 pm ET
- Description: For small business owners, the #1 burning question in digital marketing is: How do I find customers online? It turns out that’s the wrong question to start with. The right question is: Who’s in your marketing seat? And if it’s you as the owner, you’re probably not a good fit for the role. In this dynamic 1-hour webinar, BizHack Founder and CEO Dan Grech will talk about the importance of a “Who, then What” approach to growth strategy. He’ll share insights from some of the greatest minds in business, including Jim Collins, Gino Wickman and Geoffrey Smart. And he’ll share a cutting-edge approach to filling your marketing seat that most business owners didn’t know existed, with case studies of how it works. If you’re a visionary CEO, heading marketing for your company is likely to distract you, slow your growth, and make you unhappy. The good news is there’s a better path… and we’ll show you the way.
- The importance of a “Who, then What” approach to growth strategy
- Insights from some of the greeted minds in business
- Cutting edge approach to filling your marketing seat
ABOUT MIAMI-DADE MAYOR’S OFFICE STRIVE 305 INITIATIVEThe Strive 305 program is designed to accelerate the growth of small businesses countywide and support budding entrepreneurs as they launch and grow new businesses. The program will support the small business community through:
- An online small business and entrepreneurship hub that will inform, educate, and connect small businesses to the resources offered by the county and its partners
- A virtual small business incubator that will feature a full educational curriculum, coaching, and mentorship opportunities for companies of all types and states of growth
- A countywide network of physical incubators, co-working spaces and maker studios equipped with the tools entrepreneurs need to launch new ventures
- Multi-week technical assistance bootcamps to help small businesses overcome common challenges such as access to capital, finances, business planning, branding, digital marketing, sales, operations and more