- This event has passed.
How Small Businesses are Coping: A Pandemic Panel Discussion
Small businesses are the heart blood of the economy, and they remain in peril due to COVID-19. A recent survey by the Federal Reserve Bank found that 3 out of 10 small businesses in the U.S. say they likely won’t survive 2021 without additional government assistance. That’s 9 million small businesses at risk. And 80% of minority-owned businesses told the Fed their company is in poor financial condition.
BizHack is convening five leading small business-support organizations for a report from the trenches of small business survival. Join Ascendus, Florida SBDC, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program, Miami Bayside Foundation, and The Idea Center at Miami Dade College in a fast-paced discussion of how small businesses are adapting to COVID-19. We’ll share case studies, best practices and resources in a rapid fire Q&A led by BizHack Founder and CEO Dan Grech.
The panelists will include:
- Brian Van Hook, Regional Director of Florida SBDC at Florida International University College of Business
- Fabiana Estrada, Director of Lending SE at Ascendus
- Gustavo Grande, Director of Programs at The Idea Center at Miami Dade College
- Michael S. Sellinger, Director of Loan Programs at Miami Bayside Foundation
- Pamela Fuertes, Executive Director of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program at Miami-Dade College
Cost: Free and open to the community